One of the least known in the world of makeup, the gel eyeliner. Its application differs from others due to its particular texture and ultra-thin brush. Its qualities are undeniable and therefore how to use it is a common question today.
The effects achieved with it cannot be compared to that of a crayon or liquid. For this reason, at present, it is becoming one of the favorite products of those who put on makeup. To use the gel eyeliner you just have to make an extra effort, because it usually looks good on most of the occasions in which it is used.
What do you need to use a Gel Eyeliner?
- Gel Eyeliner
- makeup remover
Instructions for using a Gel Eyeliner
- Prepare the skin. The first step to using gel eyeliner is to prepare your skin for its arrival. By this we mean specifically that you have to clean the eye area very well. It would also be positive to use the base of your choice or some product that allows the eyeliner to set more easily. It is essential that you take this into account before starting with the outline. It is very easy to ruin the makeup when proper precautions have not been taken and to use this product, hygiene must be taken into account. In addition to that it is a way to make sure that the makeup stays as long as possible in your eyes.
- With delicacy it is essential that you keep in mind the care you give to your gel eyeliner. Remember that both the bottle and the brush it has must be stored in a place where accidents are avoided. It is also advisable to close it properly so that contaminating agents do not fall into it.
- Sometimes the container bottle of the product is quite delicate, so it must be left in places where it cannot be broken. It is also recommended that you leave the brush covered, in these way harmful bacteria for the skin and eyes are protected. In addition to that, taking care of the brush is a guarantee that it lasts longer with its original shape.
- The dot technique. To start learning how to use gel eyeliner, the dot technique can be very helpful. It’s basically about not drawing the entire line directly on the eyelid. The idea is to draw small dots, without being too thick, that will later serve as a guide. As you outline the entire eye, you will find that it is much easier this way.
- After the points are made, it is time to join them, as if it were a game. Do it little by little so that in this way the stroke is uniform. Little by little you will notice that with practice you will not need to make the points. Besides that this is a way to become familiar with the product and with your look in general.
- Look down. Another strategy that can work for you is to look down. Closed eye makeup is a thing of the past, it’s best to leave the eyelids in their natural shape. For this reason, when you apply the gel eyeliner, it is best to look at the floor. It is a trick that may seem difficult but it really is not that complicated.
- Looking down helps the skin of the eyelid to stretch naturally, without the need to close your eyes, or to stretch it with the other hand. In this way you take full advantage of the visual capacity and avoid accidents when finishing the makeup.
- From the center to the end. Another way to start with the use of gel eyeliner is to avoid applying makeup, in principle, the eyelid completely. The idea is to start from the center of the eye and work your way out. With this simple technique you can become familiar with your contour. Another advantage of this trick is that it looks great, especially for daytime makeup. It is a way of not saturating the look so much and it works very well for those who suffer from many dark circles. It is ideal to start experimenting with the product and will give your makeup an unparalleled effect. Few will notice that you have little time to practice applying eyeliner.
- Up and down. When you have mastered the steps above you can start to take a little more risk. For this reason, in the sixth step, you are invited to outline the inner and outer part of the eyelid. Gel eyeliner has the advantage that it can be played this way to quite a noticeable effect. To do this, you must carefully lift the tab and wiggle gently. The secret is not to put the brush directly in the eye while you do it. You have to be very detailed about it, since otherwise it can cause the eye to cry and ruin the makeup completely.
- By finishing with the inside of the eyes, a greater focus is made on the outside. To do it, you can use the techniques mentioned above or risk it in a more professional way, without using any tricks. The idea is to achieve a prominent figure and a dazzling look.
- Please try several times. Gel eyeliner may seem complicated, but it just takes a little practice. Try several times and with different techniques to achieve the dream makeup. Don’t stop using it because it just didn’t work on the first try, the results will be worth the wait.
- Remember that you can use it both during the day and at night, so you will have more opportunities to improve your brush skills. You can also practice without any specific occasion. In this way you will perfect the use of the gel eyeliner in a very short time.
- Take care of the details. Finally, it is essential that you remember that when using gel eyeliner you can be more specific with the details. It is good that when you practice, or use them for an event, you have a little makeup remover near your work table. This way you can erase imperfections with the same brush you’re working with.
The details with the gel eyeliner are quite noticeable and you can experiment with different looks. Gets advice regarding the capabilities of this product so you can achieve professional effects in your eyes?
Tips for using a Gel Eyeliner
- Do not despair. Hesitating to use gel eyeliner will only cause everything to go wrong. The idea is that you can calmly put on makeup so that all the strokes achieve an enviable uniformity. Your hands may shake at first or you may not know the amount of product you need, but little by little you will regularize this.
- The use of gel eyeliner has many appreciable advantages. Therefore, look for those that best suit your needs, whether they are formal events, jobs, parties or your daily life. In this way you will be able to feel the comfort and it will be noticed in each of the effects that you achieve in makeup in general. Dare to experiment and apply the knowledge to make a difference by doing it yourself.